P01 : Observation
According to the Merrium-Webster Dictionary, the meaning of the word "Observation" is :
- an act or instance of observing a custom, rule, or law observation of the dress code
- an act of recognizing and noting a fact or occurrence, a record or description so obtained Scientifically
- a judgment on or inference from what one has observed;
Wikipedia describes observation as :
- an active acquisition of information from a primary source.
- In living beings, observation employs the senses.
- In science, observation can also involve the recording of data via the use of instruments.
- The term may also refer to any data collected during the scientific activity.
- Observations can be qualitative, that is, only the absence or presence of a property is noted, or quantitative if a numerical value is attached to the observed phenomenon by counting or measuring.
This blog is my honest attempt towards recording my observation of the world; physical, social and beyond, from the primary sources as far as possible, and reporting other scientific observations which I find interesting to mention here.